The Instructional Designers are assigned to Training Directorate (N7) at the CENSECFOR Headquarters, and provide professional and technical support for the planning, analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of the various training course documents and the related administrative management support as required. The Instructional Designers work closely with the LSO and Course Curriculum Model Manager (CCMM) to ensure developed curricula products meet all requirements established by NETC and are consistent throughout CENSECFOR. In the performance of their daily duties and responsibilities, the Instructional Designer interacts with the respective Instructional Systems Specialist (GS-1750), Training Specialist (GS-1712), and assembled Curriculum Development Team (CDT) for the course of instruction, which the developer may be assigned including the Course Supervisors and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) at the respective CENSECFOR activity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- All ISD personnel are responsible for reading, adhering to, and following the policies and procedures outlined in CENSECFORINST 1540.1 (Training Policy and Guidance) (Attachment C) and CENSECFORINST 1540.4 (Learning Standards Office Policies and Procedures) (Attachment G).
- Development of training course documentation and products to support new curriculum projects, revision, and change functions to include:
- Develop Training Project Plans (TPPs) which serves as the blueprint for curriculum development efforts
- Develop Course Training Task List (CTTL) by analyzing Job, Duty, Task, Analysis (JDTA) data to identify duties and tasks that support course mission statement.
- Develop Training Course Control Document (TCCD) including Front Matter, Curriculum Outline of Instruction (including supporting Terminal and Enabling Objectives) and Annexes (identifying resources required to support the course of instruction and Course Master Schedule (CMS))
- Develop Lesson Plans (guideline for the use of all other training materials/guidance for conducting the course) and providing instructor personnel with the definition and direction of training objectives and supporting Instructional Media Materials/Visual Information such as graphics and presentation materials.
- Develop Trainee Guides (material with objectives to be attained and material containing knowledge/skill objectives the trainee attains upon successful completion)
- Develop Testing Materials to include the Testing Plan, Knowledge Test Administration Guide (KTAG), Performance Test Administration Guide (PTAG) and the Master Test Bank
- Design of instructional components, e.g., sequencing and clustering of learning events and objectives, task learning relationships, and instructional design plans. Designs qualitative and/or quantitative performance measures for the assessment and improvement of complex training.
- Utilization of a variety of training products to provide learning solutions. These products may include formal curricula, interactive courseware (ICW) storyboards, job aids and computer-based training (CBT) CD-ROMs.
- Specific tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Creation and Evaluation of:
- Performance Objectives
- Performance Standards
- Methods of Performance
- Assist with the Development and Creation of:
- Job Duty Task Analysis (JDTA)
- Front End Analysis (FEA)
- Business Case Analysis (BCA)
- Support Reviews of Training Requirements. Attend and help facilitate Training Requirements Reviews (TRR)
- Create JDTA Task Statements and documentation
- Conduct Front End Analyses (FEA) using TRRs, JDTA and existing course materials
- Provide instructional data for Business Case Analyses
- Provide data for TPPs
- Analyze Training Tasks
- Generate CTTLs including standards and requirements sources.
- Review deliverables
- High-Level Design Documentation. Provide documentation linking JDTA to Learning Objectives (Traceability Matrix).
- Create measurable learning objectives with conditions and standards.
- Create Course Outlines of Instruction supporting information in TCCD.
- Document Instructional Strategies and complete Instructional Media Design Package
- and Storyboards
- Develop Training Material and Create NAVEDTRA standard Lesson Plans, Trainee Guides and testing materials, as appropriate for various modes of content delivery.
- Develop Instructional Media Materials, including slide shows, interactive multimedia or e-Learning products
- Review and test deliverables
- Evaluate developed training
- Participate in focus groups and course pilots in order to verify content meets instructional, Navy and visual standards
- Review deliverables
Education with experience to include:
- Associates Degree in an Instructional Design discipline with at least one (1) year
of experience in a training development role with a focus on development of
training documentation and instructional management; or
- High School Diploma or GED with at least five (5) years’ experience in a training
development role with a focus on development of training documentation and
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience with the Authoring Instructional Materials (AIM) Learning Object Module (LOM) and Content Planning Module (CPM).
- Possess the capability to compare task data obtained from JDTA to existing training course document learning objectives, in order to identify training gaps, and/or redundancies to be used to develop a Benefit/Cost Analysis (BCA).
- Possess Advanced Microsoft certification with and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience using Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel.
- Possess at a minimum Intermediate Microsoft certification in using Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio.
- Possess Advanced certification in Adobe Captivate and a minimum of two (2) years’ experience using Adobe Captivate in instructional design.
- Possess Intermediate certification in Microsoft Salesforce and a minimum of (1) year experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in all phases of the instruction systems design process (planning, analyzing, designing, implementing, evaluation, and maintenance).
- Knowledge of NAVEDTRA 130 series documents, in order to comprehend the NETC Course Development and Revision End-to-End Process.
- At least 3 years of experience in the design and development of curriculum to support Instructor Led Training (ILT), and at least 3 years of experience in the design and development of curriculum in support of Interactive Multimedia Instruction (IMI).
- Possess, or be able to obtain, a security clearance up to the Secret level.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Able to read, interpret, and edit Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Proficient in computer applications such as Windows, MS Office, and Adobe Suites.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus
- Ability to work in a complex, hybrid work environment with military personnel, DOD civilians, and contractors
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Master Training Specialist desired
- USN Experience
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance
- Requires 0% - 10% travel
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Employee and Applicant Privacy Notice (CCPA)