Under the Training & Education Capabilities Division within TECOM, the Range and Training Area Management (RTAM) Branch sponsors, develops, executes, and manages the Marine Corps Range Program and represents the interests of Marine Corps training ranges in DOD, inter-service, and international forums. RTAM identifies, validates, and prioritizes institutional range system requirements to provide a single, integrated program for POM consideration and then provides the ranges and range systems, training range and airspace management and control services, and associated policies in order to ensure that both the Operating Forces and Supporting Establishment have access to safe, modernized, and well-maintained ranges that support live combat training throughout the training continuum. TECOM requires contracted support to assist in the coordination and support for the development, planning, programming and sustainment of complex ranges and designated training systems.
The Range Systems Inspector shall provide development, planning and sustainment support to RTAM by working in concert with resident System Support Officers (SSOs) to analyze live training systems fielding, operation and associated sustainment activities in order to determine trends and develop approaches and methods to improve live training systems support to USMC personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Live Range Inspection/Data Collection Support
- Assists RTAM and the local System Support Officer (SSO) in the provision of property accountability and life-cycle management for both live training systems and simulators. Contractor shall conduct quarterly, semi-annual and annual inventories as directed by the System Support Officer.
- The contractor shall assist the SSO with warehouse management, inventory control, maintenance and replacement scheduling. Contractor shall take the primary hand-receipt provided by the System Support Officer and conduct required inventories as directed the System Support Officer.
- The contractor shall prepare information briefings and decision documentation, examining the linkages between range and training area live training systems and unit training objectives in order to optimize the utilization of Range and Training Area Management (RTAM) sponsored assets.
- The contractor shall prepare reports, presentations and charts that support Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leadership and Education, Personnel and Facilities (DOTMLPF) requirements analysis for existing and future live training systems.
- The contractor shall prepare semiannual training resource gap assessment presentations and reports in support of TECOM live training resources. Gap assessments shall identify areas where shortfalls exist, in current live training systems inventories. Contractor shall provide reports quarterly on training resource gaps and provide to the System Support Officer.
- Contractor shall provide using units with concept of employment briefs and coordinate the employment of minor training devices such as Portable Infantry Target Systems (PITS), Instrumented Tactical Engagement Simulation System (I-TESS) and Battlefield Effects (BFX). Contractor shall provide the briefings to the assigned units at their respective locations as directed by the System Support Officer.
- High School Diploma Required – Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Career level Logistics/Supply education desired
CORE SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience as USMC SNCO or above desired
- Work as a Logistics Chief or Warehouse Chief is highly desired for this position.
- Must have understanding of Warehousing. Inventory Control, and Accountability procedures and processes.
- Knowledge of Marine Corps live range training systems to include the requirements generation process, training system acquisition process and the operations and sustainment of live range training systems.
- Familiarity with the Marine Corps Base where work is conducted and must be capable of working in a military staff environment that requires coordination both internally and externally with installation commands and with TECOM.
- Familiarity with and adherence to established command and staff procedures, especially those involving staff coordination and chain of command.
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Required to walk ranges in harsh weather conditions on a regular basis.
- May be required to life awkward sized items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle).
- Requires 10% - 15% travel.
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Employee and Applicant Privacy Notice (CCPA)