The USMC MCIOC Information Warfighter Exercise (IWX) is a ten (10) day exercise designed to provide focused OIE/IC training, education, and tactical execution to Active and Reserve Marines as well as Allied and Joint Forces conducting pre-deployment and sustainment training. The IWX is designed to be pre-deployment/sustainment training that integrates select functions of Marine Corps OIE, specifically Influence Operations and Deception Operations, OIE core competencies into a culminating field event. In order to provide a realistic and comprehensive IWX, training participants will execute their assigned missions using a real world, yet hypothetical, exercise scenario. The contractor team will assist this effort by developing (2) scenarios over the contract period. The scenarios support an IWX exercise that consists of an Operations in the Information Environment (OIE) planning exercise / Information Capability (IC) planning exercise followed by an Information Capability (IRC) Field Exercise and an OIE focused War Game that educates, trains, and evaluates service, joint, and allied partner operations in the Information Environment. The contractor shall develop scenarios and create storylines in order to support established training objectives and goals for IWX.
The Information Operations SME is responsible for developing, reviewing and updating a broad range of training and exercise materials relevant to electronic warfare, military deception, cyberspace operations, military information support operations, operations security, civil military operations, public affairs and other information related capabilities. Training and exercise support is provided to internal and external Marine Corps agencies such as: EOTG, EWTGLANT, MCTOG, MSTP and MAWTS-1. The Information Operations SME reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support scenario design efforts for the IWX over the Call period by working in concert with MCIOC designated government leads to define exercise objectives and training goals, identify storylines which will lead to objective and task accomplishment, and by designing an exercise scenario to facilitate exercise execution.
- Support exercise development and execution efforts for each IWX by creating an overarching scenario and general situation, developing supporting intelligence summaries, creating storylines and/or vignettes along Lines of Operation, and by supporting the development of a Master Scenario Events List (MSEL).
- Support the MCIOC Training and Exercise section (S-37) prior to the execution of the IWX for pre-briefs and will provide support and guidance during the planning process.
- Utilize the Joint Event Life Cycle (JELC) and the Systems Approach to Training (SAT) to support USMC IO integration and training of MCIOC and other military personnel.
- Develop and write comprehensive Higher Level Operations Orders and Appendices.
- Develop IO and MISO Master Scenario Events List (MSEL) to support MCIOC training events.
- Provide planning and exercise evaluation support to IWX and other major training exercises.
- Provide support to MCIOC home-station training requirements: individual, collective, sustainment, certification and validation.
- Assist with curriculum review for Marine Corps PME and training.
- Confer with management and supervisors.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Graduate of the Intermediate MAGTF Information Operations Practitioner Course equivalent or higher.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess the skills, knowledge and depth of past and recent (within six (6) years) experience to execute all requirements. Experience shall reflect the scope, high-level complexity and expertise defined by the following:
- Subject matter expertise and experience in Exercise Design, Exercise Development, Exercise Execution, and Training Scenario Development at the CJTF/JTF/MEF/MEB/MEU level is required. SME’s shall have the experience and background in MAGTF operational planning and the integration of Information Operations.
- Documented working experience with Combatant Command (COCOM) and Large Scale Exercises.
- Experience in writing Marine Corps operations orders from the Battalion through Marine Expeditionary Force level, including current formats and associated annexes, tabs, and appendices. Additionally the Contractor shall have experience developing and writing joint/combined operations orders at the JTF/ Combined task Force CTF level.
- Familiarity with the Marine Corps training and education environment, training programs and training development process in accordance with the Systems Approach to Training and Education (SATE) Manual.
- Comprehensive practical knowledge of the Information Operations technical field associated with the training assignments to include awareness of technological changes and new developments, such as would be gained through extended experience and on-the-job training combined with practice and study.
- Prior attendance at a professional military education, institution program (resident/non-resident), such as the Expeditionary Warfare School (EWS), Command and Staff College, Staff Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Advanced Leadership School of equivalent course is required.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English. Able to design and write clear communications and present the information in a professional manner.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Windows and MS Office.
- Familiarity with current trends, doctrine, and systems in use by the IO community.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- CONUS and OCONUS travel is required.
- Must have a current Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility
- Anticipated date of availability: On or about 15 Dec 2020
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision