Corps Solutions is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business with the core competencies of Planning Facilitation, Training Support and Leadership Development. In support of our core competencies we provide training in Planning Facilitation and Strategy Development, Training and Education Support, Scenario Development and Exercise Design, and Staff Development and Leadership Training.
We support training through a variety of methods to include classroom instruction, practical application, vignettes and exercise scenarios, and training exercises. The capabilities of our staff represents a cross section of experience which includes expertise with Stability Operations, Civil Military Operations, Command and Control, Logistics, Intelligence, Information Management and Information Operations. We leverage this diverse expertise to provide quality services for our clients.
Our leadership team includes government, civil and former military leaders who have extensive experience in cradle to grave training for live, virtual and constructive training events. We develop and implement staff training and enterprise management solutions for Department of Defense, U.S. Government and Civil Sector organizations.
The Civil Affairs Instructor reports to the Civil Affairs Course Manager and receives work direction from the Course Manager related to the following duties and responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Serve as an Instructor and a Civil Affairs Subject Matter Expert (SME) who teaches lessons as designated by the POI/s.
- Provide platform instruction, demonstration, guidance and supervision for students during practical application and performance evaluation in both the classroom and field training environments.
- Administer written examinations and performance evaluations in both the classroom and field training environments.
- Assist the Curriculum Developer with the development and maintenance of Master Lesson Files for assigned classes.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience serving in a Civil Affairs billet during the conduct of Civil Military Operations, Humanitarian Assistance / Disaster Relief Operations or Stability Operations.
- Awarded the Civil Affairs MOS (Marines, Army or Navy).
- Instructor Certified (any branch). Senior Instructor certification is preferable.
- Marine Corps curriculum developer certification is preferable.
- Joint Humanitarian Operations Course (JHOC) certification is preferable.
- MCTIMS experience is desirable.
- The ideal candidate has operational experience as a civil affairs team member, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department of State Representative, or Provincial Reconstruction Team (PRT) member.
- Bachelor Degree required; Area of study compatible with CMO training, Political Science, International Affairs, etc.
- Attended Professional Military Education appropriate to rank at time of separation or retirement from the uniformed service.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Windows and MS Office
- Familiarity with current trends, doctrine, and systems in use by the Civil Affairs Community across the spectrum of operations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle)
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance
- Requires 0% - 5% travel
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision