The strategic landscape of the current and future world continues to evolve and change. These complex challenges, threats, environments and missions facing our nation’s future defense and military enterprises are detailed in the guiding documents of the National Defense Strategy (NDS) and the National Military Strategy (NMS). Developed in parallel and in coherence with these documents, the Marine Corps has envisioned our role in national defense in our own Marine Operating Concept (MOC) and developed a future force model to execute these tasks. The Marine Corps Force 2025 is part of a Commandant directed, Combat Development and Integration (CDI) led effort to design a Marine Corps that is organized to adapt and operate effectively despite these challenging operational imperatives, and to improve efficiency in meeting increasing demands from the geographic combatant commanders for ready and relevant forces across the range of military operations. As the requirements in the MOC and Force 2025 have generated changes to the organizing and equipping of the Marine Corps, Training and Education Command (TECOM) must respond by optimizing the training and education continuum to ensure Force 2025 Marines are ready to operate and win in these environments with our new technology and our Next Generation (NextGen) Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF) formations. Training and education policies, processes, governance, organization, and technologies must be modified to meet evolving requirements. For enduring success, a goal of the Marine Corps should be to develop and implement a Title 10 “training” pillar on par with the advancements in the “equipping and organizing” pillars.
In this pursuit, the use of contracted support is required to assist TECOM in assessing the adequacy of training and education today to meet the needs of the MOC, Force 2025 and in analyzing and recommending potential improvements to the training and education enterprise. The 38th
Commandant’s Planning Guidance, which was released after the award of the original contract, directs that TECOM transform from an industrial age training and education model to a 21st
Century information age organization. The infusion of advanced learning technologies and pedagogies is foundational to accomplishing the Commandant’s directive. The current contract team is uniquely suited to gather data on the future Marine Corps Training and Education Enterprise, but requires specialized expertise to research and recommend advanced learning technologies and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, assess, and recommend advanced learning technologies to enhance the training and education continuum through collaborative platforms, and to allow for enhanced tracking of student engagement, progress, and learning.
- Recommend pedagogical best practices by researching innovative instructional methods and technologies from government and civilian off-the-shelf solutions.
- Recommend digital content and delivery technologies and methods to increase global access to courseware by administration, faculty, and students.
- Identify opportunities to incorporate digital learning solutions and data management to distance learning programs, resident course curriculum, and online training programs to increase accessibility, retention, and learning.
- Master’s degree Required
- Terminal Degree (PhD. or Ed.D.) in a field related to education and education technology is strongly desired.
CORE SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience conducting interviews with senior personnel desired.
- Familiar with and adhere to established command and staff procedures expecially those involving staff coordination and chain of command.
- Experience with the collection, organization, analysis, and interpretation of statistical data, as well as experience with advanced learning technologies and pedagogical best practices.
- Capable of working efficiently in a military staff environment that requires coordination both internally and externally with TECOM. Contractor personnel must be familiar with and adhere to established command and staff procedures especially those involving staff coordination and chain of command.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the Marine Corps self-sustaining capabilities that can be employed in a wide range of contingencies and how Marine forces are organized and employed as a Marine Air-Ground Task Force (MAGTF).
- Have documented expertise in Marine Corps enterprise training policies, requirements, readiness, future threat assessments, organizational requirements, Service Master Plans, Service long range training and education plans, force structure development, training technology, and resource planning.
- Have documented expertise in Senior leader (Service Chief, Deputy Commandant, MARFOR and MEF Commander level) outreach, engagement and follow-up and expertise in Deputy Commandant advocate and proponent processes.
- Have working knowledge of forums such as Operational Advisory Groups, Ground Boards, Command Element Advocate Boards, Marine Requirements Oversight Councils, as well as programs and processes such as Marine Corps Training Exercise and Employment Program, Marine Corps Enterprise Integration Plan, Marine Corps Force Development System, and Program Objective Memorandum.
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Requires 20% - 25% travel.
- Position expected to begin on or about 1 Feb 2020.
- Work from MCB Quantico and on occasion at Corps Solutions’ office in Stafford.
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision