The Fires Instructor supports C2 TECOE in operations, instruction, and systems administration of AFATDS, EMT, JADOCS, JADOCS System Administrator, StrikeLink, PSS-SOF, and DFIC as well as future Fires systems courses. This will include assisting in the curriculum development processes. The Fires Instructor reports to and receives work direction from the Project Manager in coordination with the government technical lead.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide instruction on the installation, configuration, operation, integration, and maintenance of military tactical maneuver command and control systems dedicated to Fires functionality.
- Maintain applications and associated hardware by configuring and troubleshooting each system per supporting technical documentation in a classroom training and COC collective training environment.
- Reconfigure Fires systems for classroom instruction when required.
- Provide guidance to individuals to reconfigure CTP systems for exercises.
- Validate instructional material.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on training curriculum improvements and system and application upgrades on Fires Systems to the Course Chief.
- Maintain currency and provide instruction in service, joint, multi-national and coalition position location reporting and track management processes and procedures to support Fires management, integration practices and procedures, and military operational planning and plans execution.
- Conduct COC battle drill demonstrations to Operating Force Marines.
- Travel to conduct on-site instruction and technical assistance as required to include field training environments and participate in mobile training teams.
- Participate in Course Content Review Boards (CCRBs), Learning Analysis’, Master Lesson File (MLF) Reviews, meetings, and conferences.
- Collect and submit all course evaluation data.
- Maintain course history folders in accordance with the Academics SOP.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of AFATDS, EMT, JADOCS, StrikeLink, PSS-SOF and DFIC Systems courses covering both operations and system administration.
- Graduate of the Basic Instructor Course/Formal School Instructor Course.
- Officer/SNCO intermediate or career-level school or service equivalent.
- Minimum of four years of documented experience instructing and employing the respective systems to support MAGTF operations to include COC watch stander operations.
- Possess knowledge of the products developed by the C2 systems to support the MCPP and systems utilization in plans execution for current operations.
- Direct participation in real-world operations is required with a preference for participation in Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation Enduring Freedom.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of MCISD/SATE.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Must have an active Secret clearance.
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision