The Training and Education Capabilities Division (TECD) is responsible to the Commanding General, Training & Education Command (TECOM) for the development of Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) Training Systems. TECD identifies, develops, and coordinates the integration of live training systems, with non-standard simulated and virtual training systems in order to provide training capabilities to the Total Force. TECD provides resource sponsorship and oversight of LVC throughout the life-cycle of system training aids, devices, simulators and simulations, live ranges and range instrumentation. Achieving Department of Defense Training Transformation requires that LVC training systems be developed for interoperability across the LVC, while supporting operational and institutional, home station, exercise, and deployment training. TECD Future Operations leads and coordinates documentation for MAGTF training modeling and simulations requirements development and integration for Marine Corps virtual & constructive training capabilities. TECD uses the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) in the development of identified gaps/needs that are presented by the Total Force. The Contractor must have the capability to provide experienced JCIDS writers that have experience in writing all levels of JCIDS documentation. Experience should include background in Marine Corps Training as well as basic knowledge of Modeling and Simulations Training Systems.
The Contractor will provide requirement analytics to TECD by working in concert with training information management systems experts in the development of Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) training system requirements documents (Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS). The JCIDS document will be an incremental upgrade document that provides interoperability of an existing Program of Record (POR) LVC training system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide full training system analysis to the Marine Corps TECOM, the MAGTF Training and Education Capabilities Division (TECD) to aid in the development of interoperability of a LVC training system to provide expanded training opportunities across the Marine Corps. Joint and USMC focused analysis required by the TECD consists of Joint Capabilities Integration Development System (JCIDS) Support; Working Military Knowledge of Logistics, Aviation, Staff Planning, Infantry, and Command and Control Communication Computers and Intelligence (C4I) technical support services.
- Produce a draft JCIDS document for a USMC Live, Virtual, and Constructive training system. The JCIDS document will be an incremental upgrade document that provides interoperability of an existing Program of Record (POR) LVC training system. Draft document should be completed and available for routing through the Marine Requirements Oversight Council (MROC) for final approval.
- Conduct assessment and develop Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
- Identify deficiencies and/or gaps in existing TECD JCIDS-related documentation.
- Develop a POA&M addressing the development of JCIDS documentation products and supporting documentation in draft format and made available for final staffing to the Marine Corps Requirements Oversight Council (MROC).
- Develop, support development of, or utilize key JCIDS documents.
- Documentation includes, but is not limited to:
- Concept of Operations/ Concept of Employment
- Initial Capabilities Document, Capabilities Development Document, or Capabilities Production Document (as appropriate)
- Capabilities developer input for the development of Information Support Plans and Tailored Information Support Plans
- The Contractor shall support information requirements and the comment adjudication process. Develop, or support development of briefs, information papers and other products to inform Marine Corps leadership on the concept of the effort and status updates at designated times. Support Marine Corps, Joint, and DoD comment adjudication throughout the staffing process as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree Required, Masters Degree Preferred
CORE SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
- Shall have a knowledge of Marine Corps’ Live, Virtual, Constructive training systems.
- The contractor will have excellent writing and communications skills. The contractor shall have the ability to write and layout documents, references and source materials appropriate for decision making by senior Marine Corps Leaders.
- The contractor shall be familiar with the Marine Corps training and education environment. Contractor personnel must be capable of working in a military staff environment that requires coordination both internally and externally with TECOM.
- Contractor personnel must be familiar with and adhere to established command and staff procedures especially those involving staff coordination and chain of command.
- Ten (10) years of Marine Corps experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English; able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Expert proficiency in computer applications such as MS Office, Adobe, and other media type software.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle).
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance.
- Requires 0% - 5% travel.
- Position expected to begin on or about 15 Aug 2017.
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision