Under the Training & Education Capabilities Division within TECOM, the Range and Training Area Management (RTAM) Branch sponsors, develops, executes, and manages the Marine Corps Range Program and represents the interests of Marine Corps training ranges in DOD, inter-service, and international forums. RTAM identifies, validates, and prioritizes institutional range system requirements to provide a single, integrated program for POM consideration and then provides the ranges and range systems, training range and airspace management and control services, and associated policies in order to ensure that both the Operating Forces and Supporting Establishment have access to safe, modernized, and well-maintained ranges that support live combat training throughout the training continuum. TECOM requires contracted support to assist in the coordination and support for the development, planning, programming and sustainment of complex ranges and designated training systems.
The Range Systems Inspector shall provide development, planning and sustainment support to RTAM by working in concert with resident System Support Officers (SSOs) to analyze live training systems fielding, operation and associated sustainment activities in order to determine trends and develop approaches and methods to improve live training systems support to USMC personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Live Range/Systems Employment Support:
Live Range Inspection/Data Collection Support
- Prepare information briefings and decision documentation, examining the linkages between range and training area live training systems and unit training objectives in order to optimize the utilization of RTAM sponsored assets.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the government for the development, planning, programming, and execution of RTAM sponsored live range training systems. This shall include project coordination under the direction of a government employee. This includes, but is not limited to: attending project meetings, preparing submissions for environmental reviews or maintenance work orders.
- Prepare reports, presentations and charts that support Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leadership and Education, Personnel and Facilities (DOTMLPF) requirements analysis for existing and future live training systems.
- Prepare semiannual training resource gap assessment presentations and reports in support of TECOM live training resources. Gap assessments shall identify areas where shortfalls exist, at all ranges in current live training systems inventories.
- Provide using units with concept of employment briefs and coordinate the employment of minor training devices such as Portable Infantry Target Systems (PITS), Instrumented Tactical Engagement Simulation System (I-TESS) and Battlefield Effects (BFX).
- Provide each SSO with weekly reports that analyze short term (within one month) live range utilization data and correlate this to range maintenance and sustainability requirements. This data will be utilized by the SSO to strategically plan range maintenance and sustainability.
- Conduct weekly inspections of live training systems to include all live ranges, but also includes minor training devices, such as battlefield effects simulators, portable targets, forces on force simulators (ITESS/SESAMS).
- Provide live range inspection reports. Reports shall capture all live range and training system maintenance related issues. Reports will be utilized by the SSO to determine range status and functionality.
- Provide monthly trend analysis reports for live fire ranges to each SSO. Reports shall capture long term live range and training system utilization trends. Trend analysis reports will be utilized by the SSO to establish range lifecycle parameters.
- Verify and report role-players entering the installation match the threat screening reports and role-player Request Forms requirements (e.g. ID Card, ethnicity, quantity, gender, language, number of weapons, etc). Develop these reports by monitoring the physical screening process required at MARADMIN, 071957ZAUG15, USMC Role Player Threat Screening (RPTS) Policy and Installation’s policy letters concerning access control procedures for the role players (RP) operating aboard installations and physical screening at the installation entry point each day of RP exercise event. Conduct RP weapons inspections and verification of recent Limited Technical Inspections (LTIs).
- High School Diploma Required – Bachelor's Degree Preferred
CORE SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
- Experience as USMC SNCO or above desired
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Marine Corps live range training systems to include the requirements generation process, training system acquisition process and the operations and sustainment of live range training systems.
- Familiarity with the Marine Corps Base where work is conducted and must be capable of working in a military staff environment that requires coordination both internally and externally with installation commands and with TECOM.
- Familiarity with and adherence to established command and staff procedures, especially those involving staff coordination and chain of command.
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Required to walk ranges in harsh weather conditions on a regular basis.
- May be required to life awkward sized items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle).
- Requires 0% - 5% travel.
- Position expected to begin on or about 15 Aug 2017.
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision