The Functional Military Analyst, Information Operations/CYBER Operations reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The Functional Military Analyst, Information Operations/CYBER Operations will perform the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possesses detailed and functional knowledge of DoD IO Planning Processes and Marine Corps and joint doctrine related to Information Operations.
- Conducts tactical and operational IO planning at the conceptual, functional, and detailed levels for service and functional component organizations and joint headquarters organizations in the area of emphasis.
- Provides focused analysis of information operations and the integration of information operations with all other operations and the warfighting functions to identify strengths and weaknesses as they occur during an event, model, or simulation and during preparation for the same.
- Reviews, writes, and provides comments on Marine Corps and joint doctrine documents.
- Analyzes problem areas and suggests feasible solutions.
- Provides analysis during events and attends conferences and meetings at the resident site and other locations off site.
- Creates and edits documents, analyzes problem areas, and suggests feasible solutions. Participates in and conducts reviews and structured walk-throughs of events, operation orders and plans, and information gathering requirements.
- Performs research of IO concepts and plans and conducts analysis of factual data.
- Prepares reports, briefs, and documents to support event scenario development.
- Assists in reviewing classified material and recommends a lesser classification for use in events, models, simulations, demonstrations, reports, and briefings.
- Prepares and presents IO course material in presentation format in seminar and auditorium type settings.
- Provides how-to instruction on detailed and functional IO planning to planning teams.
- Observes and provides training, product/process review, and after-action feedback to selected elements of MAGTF Information Operations Cell operating at the TS/SCI security level during MSTP supported exercises and events.
- Screen and review TS/SCI material from exercise audience SCIFs for possible inclusion/ injection into the Exercise Audience Information Operations Cell Working Groups during MSTP supported exercises.
- Participates in Information Operations working groups, advocacy boards, and training courses at the TS/SCI security level.
- Coordinates with the on-site SSO and SIO prior to including/injecting any information obtained within the SCIF into or from MSTP supported exercises.
- Reviews, revises, writes, and provides comments on Marine Corps and joint doctrine documents, best practices, and TTP not covered by doctrine (i.e., Marine Corps Interim Publication, MSTP Pamphlet).
- Bachelor's degree is required; major in Information Systems, management, military science, or equivalent area is desired.
- Minimum three years of experience in military training and education.
- Attendance at Intermediate Level School such as Marine Corps CSC or completion of equivalent nonresident course is required.
- Attendance at SAW or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum eight years of operational experience in deployment and employment of ground combat, aviation, supporting arms, and combat service support units and related equipment.
- Minimum three years of demonstrated knowledge of military doctrine, tactics, and command relationships at the operational command level as measured by actual operational force employment experience.
- Minimum two years of cumulative training, education, on-the-job training, and assignment to IO billets.
- Direct participation in real world operation is desired.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English. Able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Thorough information technology and software skill set that would include the following: Microsoft Office Suite to include-Word, Excel, Power Point; Command and Control Personal Computer (C2PC); Outlook utilities; and Share Point/Web Page use.
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle)
- Daily interaction with MSTP staff assigned to the Exercise Design and MAGTF Branches.
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance
- Requires 10% - 25% travel
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at email@example.com.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision