The Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Specialist shall provide support for the Selection, implementation, and use of modeling and simulation systems for use in the support of the curricula at Marine Corps University (MCU), Quantico, VA. The Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Specialist will perform the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist MCU exercise planners in incorporation of appropriate simulations in exercises and other training events as well as assisting exercise planners in understanding simulation capabilities with respect to training objectives, and the simulation applications necessary to support those objectives.
- Translate event requirements, identify simulation training required, equipment, and required resources in support of simulation-based events.
- Operate, provide instruction, and maintain various simulation models in support of simulation events.
- Determine simulation event subscriber requirements from the simulation to various simulation interfaces and selected communication and C4I.
- Apply capabilities of various scenario generation tools with respect to terrain and force list database preparation for both C4I and simulation systems.
- Participate in planning meetings for simulation events and prepare written plans describing a simulation event to include: simulation models used, and integration thereof, after action system capabilities, Master Scenario Events (MSEL)/ scripting, Technical considerations, MAGTF C4I interfaces, Intelligence models support, response cell augmentation and layout, Simulation training plan, Simulation control procedures, Simulation center layout.
- Provide periodic and ad hoc reports to the Government, as follows: Monthly status report, Contract and task number, Summary of task efforts during the month, Contractor personnel, Ad Hoc Reports, Requirements and written plans for simulation events, Recommendations for appropriate models or simulations to be used in support of specified training objectives.
- Master’s Degree preferred, Bachelor’s Degree required.
CORE SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in modeling and simulation in support of military training,
- Experience and expert knowledge in modeling used by the U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps for training and education.
- Knowledge of Marine Corps organization, operations planning procedures, and exercise planning and execution.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of commonly-used M&S concepts, practices and procedures
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Strong familiarity with government regulations and directives pertaining to confidentiality, document retention and project site protocols.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English; able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Expert proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe, and other media type software.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform diverse duties operating under deadline constraints.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle).
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance.
- Requires 0% - 5% travel.
- Position expected to begin on or about 1 October 2017.
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at email@example.com.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision