The Program Manager reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The Program Manager will provide support for:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execution of Navy Expeditionary Warfighting Development Center (NEXWDC) phase training;
- Navy Expeditionary Staffs performance evaluation in integrated/advanced training events; exercise development and planning in support of Fleet and training/assessment exercises;
- Expeditionary Warfare (EXW), Irregular Warfare (IW), Construction (CON), and Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection (ATFP) tactics analysis, review and standardization;
- Navy Expeditionary concepts review and proof of concept in fleet exercises;
- Mission area effectiveness assessments, and gap identification and analysis.
- Support design, development, refinement, and execution of training exercise scenarios in order to train and assess NECC unit(s)’ ability to effectively execute its combat mission in a MCO environment.
- These modes of events and exercise include, but are not limited to, an Integrated Exercise (IEX), FST exercise and, when scheduling permits, culminate with participation (synthetic or live) in a JTFEX for Carrier Strike Groups (CSGs) or an ARG/MEU CERTEX.
- Conduct unit(s) performance assessment and provide findings to the Training Officer (N7).
- The exercise and assessment end-state is the training audience’s demonstration of operational staff planning, and command and control Navy Mission Essential Tasks (NMET) capabilities/proficiencies during an integrated/advance exercise.
- Exercises may be NECC controlled or non-NECC controlled exercises -- Fleet, Joint and/or Coalition/Multi-National exercises; exercises may be live, virtual, constructive or a combination thereof.
- Support to develop, refine, and execute exercise scenarios aimed at assessing Experimentation and Concept of Operations (CONOPS) initiatives.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Graduate Degree preferred, Bachelor’s Degree required.
CORE SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
- Ten (10) years of military active service which includes unit of action and operational staff experience.
- Requires a broad knowledge of military training and readiness assessment concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Requires prior experience with command of US military operating units at the unit (battalion, aviation squadron, ship, etc.) and/or at the Group (brigade, afloat squadron, regiment, etc.) level.
- Thorough knowledge of military doctrine, tactics, and command relationships at task force, Marine air-ground task force (MAGTF), operational and/or joint/combined command level.
- Requires direct participation in real world operations/deployment; and relevant Fleet, USMC, Joint and coalition/combined operations.
- Requires experience in staffing, leading, and delivering multiple projects with high levels of client satisfaction.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Strong familiarity with government regulations and directives pertaining to confidentiality, document retention and project site protocols.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English; able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Expert proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe, and other media type software.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform diverse duties operating under deadline constraints.
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle).
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance.
- Requires 0% - 5% travel.
- Position expected to begin on or about 1 October 2017.
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at email@example.com.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision