The Curriculum System Designer reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The Curriculum System Designer will provide support for:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execution of Navy Expeditionary Warfighting Development Center (NEXWDC) phase training;
- Navy Expeditionary Staffs performance evaluation in integrated/advanced training events; exercise development and planning in support of Fleet and training/assessment exercises;
- Expeditionary Warfare (EXW), Irregular Warfare (IW), Construction (CON), and Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection (ATFP) tactics analysis, review and standardization;
- Navy Expeditionary concepts review and proof of concept in fleet exercises;
- Mission area effectiveness assessments, and gap identification and analysis.
- Provide support for course management and curriculum development.
- Curriculum development will follow instructional system design (ISD) principles required to develop, revise, improve, implement, evaluate, and manage NECF/NEXWDC courses.
- ISD includes definition of requirements and refinement of the training continuum, development and maintenance of course curriculum and all training aids/documents, analysis of course effectiveness, provision of training/instruction, and management of courses.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, HS diploma required; or
- Ten (10) years experience in training or education may be substituted for bachelor’s degree.
CORE SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
- Ten (10) years of ten years of U.S. Navy, Marine Corps, or Army service-level (active or Civil Service) experience in military training and education.
- Ten (10) years of instructional design, development and planning experience.
- Ten (10) years of educational evaluation experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Fleet Training Strategy, and the Fleet Response Plan, Navy Warfare Training System, and Navy Education and Training Command programs.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Strong familiarity with government regulations and directives pertaining to confidentiality, document retention and project site protocols.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English; able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Expert proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe, and other media type software.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform diverse duties operating under deadline constraints.
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Daily travel in local area as well as the National Capital Region (NCR) during work day (including use of personal vehicle).
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance.
- Requires 0% - 5% travel.
- Position expected to begin on or about 1 October 2017.
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at email@example.com.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision