The C4I Specialist reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The C4I Specialist will provide support for:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execution of Navy Expeditionary Warfighting Development Center (NEXWDC) phase training;
- Navy Expeditionary Staffs performance evaluation in integrated/advanced training events; exercise development and planning in support of Fleet and training/assessment exercises;
- Expeditionary Warfare (EXW), Irregular Warfare (IW), Construction (CON), and Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection (ATFP) tactics analysis, review and standardization;
- Navy Expeditionary concepts review and proof of concept in fleet exercises;
- Mission area effectiveness assessments, and gap identification and analysis.
- Support NEXWDC with ongoing research, development, and integration of Command and Control, Communications, and Computer Information (C4I) systems and equipment.
- Provide exercise live and synthetic communications support to include integration of simulation support hardware/software for advanced Navy Expeditionary Combat Forces (NECF) training and assessment.
- Operate and maintain simulation computer workstations and networks in support of simulation based events.
- Maintain expertise and provide technical guidance to NEXWDC staff on the collaboration tools utilized by the Expeditionary enterprise to include Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE) wide area network, Digital Radio Management System (DRMS), CENTRIX, CASE, Command, Control, Personal Computer (C2PC), Global Command and Control Systems (GCCS) Shareportal, and Defense Collaboration Services (DCS) to enable mission execution.
- In the design and execution of live, virtual and constructive (LVC) training events, integrate Navy Expeditionary Enterprise C4I systems into the Navy synthetic communications and control architecture: NCTE and DRMS.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, HS diploma required.
CORE SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
- Five (5) years of military experience, including experience in Navy expeditionary tactical communications systems
- Five (5) years of experience in C4I systems, including Navy synthetic C4I architecture
- Recent (within the last five years) and relevant Navy live, virtual, constructive, and simulation training development and execution experience at the tactical and operational levels.
- Requires a thorough and practical understanding of tactical communications, and how to integrate those tactical systems with Fleet and Department of Defense Services.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Strong familiarity with government regulations and directives pertaining to confidentiality, document retention and project site protocols.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English; able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Expert proficiency in computer applications such as MS Office, Adobe, and other media type software.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform diverse duties operating under deadline constraints.
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle).
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance.
- Requires 0% - 5% travel.
- Position expected to begin on or about 1 July 2017.
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at email@example.com.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision