The ideal candidate will provide a Red Cell capability to work in concert with government leads to assess, analyze, and influence TECOM’s ability to institutionalize a culture of learning and to improve the cognitive readiness and decision-making abilities of Marines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support training innovation through the use of Red Cell processes to inform and affect organizational, policy, and training solutions throughout TECOM.
- Provide a Red Cell capability directly to the customer for the following TECOM tasks:
- Draft doctrinal publication on how Marines will learn in the years to come
- Transition the Training and Education continuum from an industrial age model to an information age model
- Conduct and organizational review of TECOM
- Review the Training and Readiness process
- Review and rewrite of the TECOM Strategy
- Ensure accurate focus in all formal schools
- Reinforce the Transformation
- Close the Lessons Learned Loop
- Codify and institutionalize Officer and SNCO Career length Professional Military Education
- Develop Entrance examinations for intermediate and top level resident courses
- Transition The Basic School to Education Command
- Examine resident Expeditionary Warfare School for all captains competing for Major
- Establish formal advanced Military Occupational Specialties for captains returning to operating forces
- Establishment of a Marine Corps Training and Exercise Network
- Continue efforts to reduce burdens (lighten the load) on commanders
- Develop a Program Planning Milestone Chart depicting the tasks identified above with projected time lines. The Program Planning Milestone Chart shall be provided in electronic form using MS Office applications to the customer as required by the contract.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The ideal candidate is a retired USMC Colonel with experience on top level staffs and at TECOM or TECOM organizations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of educational concepts such as adult learning and education and the Marine Corps training and education process including knowledge of the authoritative doctrine, orders, directives, and policies that govern Marine Corps training and education objectives.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Marine Corps officer training and education and the lexicon used by the Marine Corps as it pertains to leadership and decision making.
- The ability to conduct research of training and educational strategies, processes, and technologies that could assist in the development of cognitive skills for all Marines.
- The ability to work efficiently in a military staff environment that requires coordination both internally and externally with TECOM.
- Experience with and ability to adhere to established command and staff procedures especially those involving staff coordination and chain of command.
- A strategic thinker, familiar with “red cell” capability, and have demonstrated experience utilizing that concept in support of innovative solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills in support of rapidly changing scheduling and staffing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Required travel 0-5%
- Position expected to start o/a 24 September 2018