The MAGTF/Joint Maneuver Analyst reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The MAGTF/Joint Maneuver Analyst will perform the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possesses detailed and functional knowledge of the Marine Corps and joint/combined Planning Process and Marine Corps and joint doctrine related to Maneuver.
- Conducts tactical and operational planning at the conceptual, functional, and detailed levels for service and functional component organizations and joint headquarters organizations in the area of emphasis (JFLCC).
- Performs research of concepts and plans and conducts analysis of factual data.
- Prepares reports, briefs, and documents to support event scenario development and higher and adjacent headquarters functions.
- Participates in and conducts reviews and structured walk-throughs of events, operation orders and plans, and information gathering requirements.
- Creates and edits documents, analyzes problem areas, and suggests feasible solutions.
- Plans and prepares lesson plans and seminars, and provides instruction and event analysis on Marine Corps and joint/combined doctrine to Field Grade and General Officers.
- Be prepared to review, write, and provide comments on Marine Corps and joint doctrine documents.
- Performs responsibilities associated with government counterparts.
- Assists in reviewing classified material and recommends a lesser classification for use in events, models, simulations, demonstrations, reports, and briefings.
- Reviews, revises, writes, and provides comments on Marine Corps and joint doctrine documents, best practices, and TTP not covered by doctrine (i.e., Marine Corps Interim Publication, MSTP Pamphlet).
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
- Master’s degree is required; major in operations research, management, military science, or equivalent area is desired.
- Minimum four years of experience in military training and education to include TLS, such as Naval War College, Armed Forces Staff College, National Defense University, and Industrial College of the Armed Forces.
- Minimum eight years of operational experience in deployment and employment of ground combat, supporting arms, and combat service support units and related equipment at the division or higher.
- Minimum three years of demonstrated knowledge of military doctrine, tactics, and command relationships at the operational command level as measured by actual operational force employment experience.
- Direct participation in real world operations is desired.
- Must provide the government with copies of published works from military periodicals, courses of instruction, or other published work related to military science.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English. Able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle)
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance
- Requires 0% - 5% travel
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision