The Training & Readiness Analyst shall provide support to the Aviation Ground section within the Aviation standards Branch (ASB) of MTESD for the development, review, and standardization of UAS T&R and training management efforts in line with emergent UAS training and readiness standards. Technical and analytical support is required for the development, review, and standardization of UAS T&R products in line with DoD classification groups 1-5 UAS training and readiness standards, emergent aviation training requirements, and training management.
Our analyst must have knowledge of Marine Corps training programs and training development processes, the Marine Corps utilization of the SAT, the Marine Corps T&R Program, and the lexicon used by the Marine Corps as it pertains to curricula and training in support of this scope of work. The Training & Readiness Analyst shall provide overall expertise for successful completion of these tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, review, and ensure the standardization of the UAS T&R manuals per NAVMC 1553.1 Systems Approach to Training (SAT) Users Guide.
- Attend T&R working groups to include pre-working group (virtual) events for UAS;
- Develop draft T&R manual products and incorporate changes as determined by T&R pre-working groups and conferences to assist with the staffing of final T&R manual products;
- Facilitate the TECOM T&R manual approval process by providing draft T&R Manual(s) or products.
- Ensure that the technical content being developed or modified is correct, current and approved prior to data input.
- Provide to the T&R Interim changes process as required via drafted correspondence change requests based on the needs of the customer;
- The contractor shall participate in the UAS communities Training Management Team (TMT) working groups to assist in the identification and prioritization of community specific training management issues for submission into the Training Management Process as it relates to the UAS community T&R and emerging UAS training requirements.
- Derive common training issues among UAS communities and assist in solution development for T&R related deficiencies
- Assist in developing and drafting the training standards and solutions associated with UAS and other emerging UAS community training requirements based on new or refined Mission Essential Tasks (MET).
- Research and evaluate DoD and service schools (e.g. U.S. Army SUAS training), Course Description Documents (CDD) and Periods of Instruction (POI) to determine relevancy to and for T&R event codes within each Unmanned Aircraft Systems T&R MOS
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Curriculum Developers Course
CORE SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
- The ideal candidate is former aviator or aviation command and control officer with VMU experience.
- Working knowledge of Marine Corps training policy and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in the development of programs of instruction and related materials.
- Ability to design and develop training courses or course materials, and have demonstrated knowledge and experience in the development, execution and assessment of training events to include job performance standards from entry-level (1000-level), core plus (2000-level), and the collective/unit training (3000 + level) T&R Manual standards; documented experience creating, and/or revising UAS, or Aviation, T&R manuals is desired.
- Capable of working efficiently in a military staff environment that requires coordination both internally and externally with TECOM.
- Ability to work independently to develop a product with a cohesive and coherent framework from multiple inputs.
- Ten (10) years of Marine Corps experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English; able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Expert proficiency in computer applications such as MS Office, Adobe, and other media type software.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform diverse duties operating under deadline constraints.
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle).
- Ability to obtain or have a Secret level security clearance.
- Requires 0% - 5% travel, less than 20 days total.
- Position expected to begin on or about 1 October 2018.
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at email@example.com.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision