The mission of the College of Enlisted Military Education (the Enlisted College) is to provide a continuum of education to improve leadership, sharpen critical and creative thinking skills, and deepen Marines’ understanding of warfighting concepts in distributed and joint environments. The goal is to create ethical, professional leaders who make sound decisions in complex operational situations. The Enlisted College is responsible for the quality and integrity of each of the six SNCOAs, curricula, effectiveness of assessments, and coordination of personnel selection and attendance at each SNCOA.
The Enlisted College relies on successful development and delivery of four newly designed courses to achieve its mission; leadership philosophy, warfighting philosophy, sustaining the transformation, and communication. The communications course is designed to prepare Marines for the application of concepts and techniques necessary to engage in personal and professional communications in all forms. Acquiring communications support services for each SNCOA will equip the Enlisted College with experienced, credible professionals required to develop and deliver a comprehensive communications package.
The Enlisted College has a requirement for technical and professional services support to execute education technology management services and the communications continuum from Sergeants to Advanced School. The scope of this effort entails technical, analytical, and programmatic support to implement and sustain mission capabilities through execution of critical requirements derived from a comprehensive communications program. This reinforces the vital importance that is placed on a Marine to learn to communicate effectively – the ability to read, understand, write, speak, sway, defend, and influence – as central pillars of enlisted education and an essential capability Marines will need to act on intent and empower their subordinates in the future operating environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with Government curriculum developers, functional area team leads, academic officers and curriculum development officers, provide subject matter expertise for the maintenance and sustainment of communications curriculum in the Sergeant, Career, Advanced Schools, and Faculty Advisor’s Course. Curriculum shall be maintained or revised in accordance with MCO 1553.2, Management of Marine Corps Formal Schools and Training Detachments, employing the Systems Approach to Training (SAT) process contained in NAVMC 1553.1, Systems Approach to Training (SAT) Users Guide.
- Conduct research and analysis of lesson material to ensure the curriculum leads students to the required learning outcomes. Register students for USAF courses in OTA and MCTIMS.
- pProvide support for research and development of professional military education programs and curricula to improve the quality of the Enlisted College’s communications continuum. The Contractor shall participate and provide input in the Enlisted College’s annual Curriculum Content Review Board (CCRB), held at Quantico, Virginia for the analysis of collected
- Provide instructional support services for the execution of the identified lessons within the communications continuum for the Enlisted College. This shall include direct support to students, faculty, and staff at designated SNCOAs in the process and assessment of effective written and oral communication.
- Deliver formal classroom instruction according to the communications continuum. All periods of instruction will be scheduled by the academics officers according to the approved POI.
- Participate in student monitoring and evaluation. The Contractor shall monitor and evaluate student progress appropriate to each school’s communications learning outcome.
- Maintain instructor and student materials including evaluations and evaluation criteria. These files shall be provided to the academic officer and retained as Government Furnished Materials at each academy at the conclusion of each school cycle.
- Masters Degree Preferred in Communications or related field
- USMC Schooling appropriate to rank
CORE SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
- Teaching background with proven documented experience in adult education at the undergraduate level.
- Familiar with and adhere to established command and staff procedures expecially those involving staff coordination and chain of command.
- Documented work experience using research sources such as the National Archives, online libraries, and other services.
- Ideal candidate is a retired Senior SNCO with a Masters Degree and experience at a USMC Formal School.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Capable of working efficiently in a military staff environment that requires coordination both internally and externally with TECOM. Contractor personnel must be familiar with and adhere to established command and staff procedures especially those involving staff coordination and chain of command.
- Have knowledge of Marine Corps training programs and training development processes, the Marine Corps utilization of the Systems Approach to Training and Education (SATE), and an understanding of the Marine Corps Training Information Management System (MCTIMS) Student Registrar module.
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance.
- 5% travel expected.
- Position expected to begin on or about 15 December 2018.
- Work from government spaces at Quantico, VA.
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at email@example.com.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision