Per the US Marine Corps 36th Commandant’s Planning Guidance: “We will review our plan for live, virtual, and constructive training across the Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF). We will particularly focus on better leveraging of modern immersive training and simulation technologies. We will prioritize the fielding of capabilities that support MAGTF integration. We will continue to support the fielding of systems that enhance our proficiency and safety in operating weapons and equipment. Our investment in training systems will reflect the priority we place on preparing for combat and be fully integrated with training and readiness standards.” TECOM requires contracted support to assist in this effort. The Contractor shall research and analyze effectiveness of training simulators/simulations utilization within the Department of Defense (DoD) and other Federal Agencies for fielding capability and integration into Marine Corps training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Contractor shall research and assess currently fielded simulation systems within the DoD or other Federal entities to inform TECOM of the capability to be employed to meet training standards as identified in Marine Corps Ground Training and Readiness (T&R) Manuals.
- Develop a thorough inventory of all training simulators currently available based on simulator type relevant to ground training that are produced by industry that might be procured to address training gaps. Emphasis shall be placed on the ability to enhance live training for those events that otherwise are not able to be trained on a repetitive basis due to safety or cost. Be prepared to coordinate with the appropriate Government personnel a “hands on” review of the simulators identified to mitigate training gaps (e.g. field trip to nearest location), to inform field representative participation at the relevant Training and Readiness Manual Working Group (TRMG).
- Conduct an independent analysis of the relevant T&R to discern training gaps that can be mitigated by identified simulations of which the Government SMEs may be unaware. Gap analysis findings shall be delivered to the Government Lead 1 week prior to the start of each TRMG.
- Provide recommendations for the procurement of simulation capabilities, as approved by the TRMG to address training gaps, to the Government Lead for Training and Education Capabilities Division (TECD) and PM Training Systems (TRASYS) 1 week following TRMG completion.
- Report quarterly on the procurement status of new simulators identified.
- Bachelors Degree Required, Masters Degree Preferred
CORE SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The contractor will have excellent writing and communications skills. The contractor shall have the ability to write and layout documents, references and source materials appropriate for decision making by senior Marine Corps Leaders.
- The contractor shall be familiar with the Marine Corps training and education environment. Contractor personnel must be capable of working in a military staff environment that requires coordination both internally and externally with TECOM.
- Contractor personnel must be familiar with and adhere to established command and staff procedures especially those involving staff coordination and chain of command.
- Ten (15) years of Marine Corps experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English; able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Documented working experience supporting military training and readiness efforts including a working knowledge of training development using the Systems Approach to Training Process;
- Familiarity with the capability and training characteristics of ground based simulators/simulation as they presently exist in the United States Marine Corps (USMC).
- Ability to assess currently fielded simulation systems to meet training standards as identified in the Marine Corps Ground Training and Readiness (T&R) Manuals and provide metrics and reporting data in support of analysis;
- Ability to develop Measures of Effectiveness (MOE) and Measures of Performance (MOP) in support of requirements;
- Ability to track and analyze training data; and utilize web-based/enabled methods for analysis, tracking, and reporting purposes;
- Ability to draft operationally related documentation for reporting purposes, and prepare and conduct operational briefings for senior leadership. Expert proficiency in computer applications such as MS Office, Adobe, and other media type software.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform diverse duties operating under deadline constraints.
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle) and multiple trips to/from MARFORCOM in Norfolk, VA.
- Must have a security clearance.
- Requires 20% travel.