The Network Administrator reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The Network Administrator will perform the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Work with senior management to ensure highest level of efficiency and effectiveness in support of customer requirements.
- Provides DISN Video Services Global (DVSG) and IP-based video teleconferencing (VTC) support by configuring and operating the Government provided equipment. (Equipment inventory includes the following: Tandberg 6000 series, Tandberg Multi-conferencing Unit (MCU), CISCO Telepresence EX60/EX90/SX20.)
- Installs, configures, operates, and maintains VoIP technologies, such as Cisco Unified Communications Manager, IP telephony, handset, call control, and voice mail solutions to support day-to-day operations and deployed events.
- Installs, configures, operates, and maintains all unclassified and classified Adobe® Connect™ 8 and 9 Web conferencing capabilities to support Web meetings during day-to-day operations and during deployed exercises and events.
- Installs, configures, and maintains Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) Chat servers and client application software to support day-to-day operations and during deployed exercises and events.
- Integrates voice, video, and Web services to support collaborative planning and meetings between multiple sites and organizations.
- Performs administration duties for networking hardware including routers, switches, hubs, gateways, access points, network interface cards, networking cables, network bridges, modems, ISDN adapters, firewalls and other related network hardware as directed by network team lead.
- Assist with research and implementation of enterprise system-wide network. solutions/capabilities/enhancements to support customer business/mission goals and objectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with network infrastructure and/or components.
- Evaluate and monitor health and performance of the network including hardware and management software.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
- An Associate’s degree in an IT discipline, to include Computer Science or MIS desired.
- In lieu of an Associate’s Degree, at least three years of experience in a professional IT-related role.
- CCNA or CCNA Collaboration.
- An active IAT Level II certification (Security+, CCNA Security, SSCP, etc.).
- Minimum three to six years of related work experience in Cisco network infrastructures and devices, which should include successful experience as an enterprise team member.
- Knowledgeable in Cisco voice telephony, and VTC/H.323 equipment.
- Experience in at least one of the following: Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco IM & Presence, Adobe® Connect™, H.323 protocol, MCU, Telepresence Management Server, Cisco VTC endpoints, Cisco Meeting Server 1000, Cisco Business Edition 6000, Cisco Business Edition 7000
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with others and senior management.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle)
Requires 0% - 5% travel
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision