The Modeling and Simulation Analyst reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The Modeling and Simulation Analyst will perform the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate, provide instruction, and maintain a variety of computer based training for simulations/models with respect to Logistics.
- Research documents and extracts for factual data describing the composition of military forces in a model/simulation.
- Assist in reviewing classified material and recommends a lesser classification for use in events, models/simulations, demonstrations, reports, and/or briefings.
- Edit doctrinal manuscripts, analyze problem areas, and postulate feasible solutions for implementation in simulation training events.
- Translate “real world” or fictional enemy and friendly task organizations, tables of equipment, supply stockages and operational orders into simulation databases.
- Conduct pre-event tests and evaluation of supporting databases, and parametric data.
- Attend conferences and meetings at both home station and other off-site locations, providing recommendations and analysis of model/simulation employment both in preparation for and during exercises.
- Participate in structured simulation training events/exercises, and simulated rehearsals of operational plans/orders.
- Provide analysis of the functional area and advise the response cell members as to the best method of implementing a course of action given the strengths and weaknesses of the simulation.
- Conduct post-event critique and analysis employing various after action review tools/applications.
- Provide analysis of emerging simulation technologies against stated requirements to include drafting test plans, conducting tests, publishing test results, and maintaining/archiving simulation based training scenarios (including organizational databases, tactics, weapon system capabilities, doctrine, and force structures) for use in preparation of future exercises.
- Document the salient properties of the simulation being evaluated and their relevance to Marine Corps or Joint training.
- As it relates to the functional area, is capable of training, operating, and maintaining new models/simulations or upgrades to current models/simulations as they are introduced.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
- Bachelor's degree preferred or four years of DoD modeling and simulation experience will serve in lieu of degree.
- Microsoft Office Certification preferred.
- Attendance at Career Level School such as an MOS specific Advanced Course or Marine Corps EWS (or higher) is desired.
- Completion of equivalent nonresident course is acceptable.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum five years operational experience in the functional area of Logistics and methods of meeting training and readiness standards during computer-assisted exercises (demonstrated ability to operate, provide instruction, and maintain a variety of computer based training for simulations/models in said warfighting functions).
- Minimum three years of demonstrated knowledge of military doctrine, tactics, and command relationships at MAGTF or joint/combined command level as measured by actual operational experience.
- Direct participation in real world operation is desired.
- Modeling and Simulation Experience. Minimum two years of experience in DoD modeling and simulation, and have previous experience with MTWS, and/or other simulation models such as VBS, JCATS, JSAF, OneSAF, AWSIM, CBS, or JTLS.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English. Able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Windows and MS Office
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle)
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance
- Requires 0% - 5% travel
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at email@example.com.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision