The Functional Military Analyst reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The Functional Military Analyst will perform the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possesses detailed and functional knowledge of the Marine Corps and joint/combined Planning Process and Marine Corps and joint doctrine related to logistics.
- Conducts tactical and operational planning at the conceptual, functional, and detailed levels for service and functional component organizations and joint headquarters organizations in the area of emphasis.
- Provides focused analysis of logistics and the integration of logistics with all other warfighting functions to identify strengths and weaknesses as they occur during an event, model, or simulation and during preparation for the same.
- Analyzes problem areas and postulates feasible solutions.
- Provides analysis during events and attends conferences and meetings at the resident site and other locations off site.
- Creates and edits documents, analyzes problem areas, and suggests feasible solutions. Participates in, and conducts reviews and structured walk-throughs of events, operation orders and plans, and information gathering requirements.
- On occasion, is expected to prepare lesson plans and seminars, and provides instruction to Field Grade and General Officers.
- Reviews, writes, and provides comments on Marine Corps and joint doctrine documents.
- Performs research of concepts and plans and conducts analysis of factual data and prepares reports, briefs, and documents to support event scenario development and higher and adjacent headquarters functions.
- Assists in reviewing classified material and recommends a lesser classification for use in events, models, simulations, demonstrations, reports, and briefings.
- Reviews, revises, writes, and provides comments on Marine Corps and joint doctrine documents, best practices, and TTP not covered by doctrine (i.e., Marine Corps Interim Publication, MSTP Pamphlet).
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
- Bachelor's degree is required; major in operations research or military science or equivalent is desired.
- Minimum three years of experience in military training and education.
- Attendance at Intermediate Level School, such as Marine Corps CSC, or completion of equivalent nonresident course required.
- Attendance at SAW or NWC is preferred.
- Minimum eight years of operational experience in deployment and employment of ground combat, aviation, supporting arms, and combat service support units and related equipment.
- Minimum three years of demonstrated knowledge of military doctrine, tactics, and command relationships at the operational command level as measured by actual operational force employment experience.
- Direct participation in real world operation is desired.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle)
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance
- Requires 0% - 5% travel
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision