The SharePoint Architect reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The SharePoint Architect will perform the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the expert responsible for analyzing and developing solutions to satisfy MSTP objectives.
- Possesses technical skills across multiple disciplines including application and systems analysis, infrastructure and solution architecture.
- Designs, develops, deploys, and administers Microsoft SharePoint 2007 and 2010 sites to provide mission-critical collaboration and information sharing to support government teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Design, evaluate, maintain and troubleshoot the current Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 environment in support of Microsoft Sharepoint operations and during deployed events to include: Conducting day-to-day management and monitoring of the server operating system, file structure, and directory services, software distribution and security updates.
- Install, maintain, administer, and troubleshoot DoD Public Key Infrastructure Cryptographic Logon and Public Key Enablement of MSTP SharePoint services.
- Plan, design, integrate, and administer best practice disaster recovery techniques to support the continuity of operations of MSTP SharePoint Services and Structure Query Language (SQL) databases and be able to employ Government disaster recovery software Symantec NetBackup and other resources to support the MSTP Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Installs, configures, and deploys SharePoint software, patches, and services packs.
- Configures back end and links to content management database.
- Creates and maintains all aspects of SharePoint including site collections, sites, master pages/templates, pages, Web parts, content types, lists, libraries, workflows, and navigation.
- Administer and configure Microsoft Server Internet Information Services (IIS) Web sites and Web services.
- Incorporates Microsoft Designer and Infopath and develops workflows.
- Uses Central Administration, assigns permissions, and develops page content structure. Configures and manages virtualization and performance, runs reports, upkeeps the core services, and diagnoses and troubleshoots identified problems.
- Develops custom front-end Web interfaces to extend the base functionality as applicable SQL Scripting.
- Possesses ability to write custom SQL Code and design (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints) to manage data integration between systems. Designs, integrates, maintains, and troubleshoots Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 Enterprise database architecture and associated schema in the SharePoint collaboration environment to support day-to-day operations and deployed events.
- Plans and executes upgrades to Microsoft SQL 2012 R2 as directed by the Government.
- Integrates, maintains, and troubleshoots SharePoint within a virtual server environment to support day-to-day operations and deployed events.
- Understands and is knowledgeable on network and server relationships between SharePoint Services and Active Directory, Domain Name Services, and Microsoft Exchange.
- Collaborates with military and contractor functional/technical leads to produce solution design documents and process flow charts.
- Develops standard and custom solutions to implement a center intranet, content management, and document store platform for MSTP organization.
- Implements best practices in planning, design, setup, and installation of SharePoint environments.
- Plans, designs, integrates, and administers best practice disaster recovery techniques to support the continuity of operations of MSTP SharePoint Services and SQL databases and is able to employ Government disaster recovery software Symantec NetBackup and other resources to support the MSTP Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Assesses and manages risks associated with SharePoint Services.
- Evaluate s threats, risks, and vulnerabilities and develops countermeasures to ensure continuation in the event of SharePoint service disruptions.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At a minimum, qualified Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) SharePoint Applications or appropriate legacy certification (i.e., MCTS SharePoint Application Developer, MCTS SharePoint Configuration).
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) SharePoint desired.
- A minimum of three years of experience working Information/Knowledge Management for a military organization at the regimental/brigade level or above desired.
- A minimum of six years of experience in Microsoft SharePoint configuration, administration, and development. Demonstrated experience with Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), eXtensible Markup Language (XML), Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), ASP.NET is required.
- Experience employing Microsoft SharePoint servers within virtualized server architectures is desired.
- Experience managing SQL databases used for Microsoft SharePoint services is desired.
- Familiarity with other collaboration and Web portal systems such as Adobe Connect, Collaboration at Sea (CAS), and Public Key Encryption implementation on SharePoint is desired.
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENT
- Required: MS SharePoint 2008, MS Server 2008 R2
- Desired: MS SharePoint 2013, MS Server 2012, SQL Server 2008, VMware ESX
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English. Able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle)
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance
- Requires 0% - 5% travel
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at email@example.com.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision