The System/Network Engineer reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The System/Network Engineer will perform the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing individuals involved in the activities of developing, designing, installing, operating and maintaining networking solutions within a Cisco AVVID (Architecture for Voice, Video and Integrated Data) environment.
- Installs, operates and maintains local area networks (LAN) at designated MCLOG training venues necessary to conduct simulation based training.
- Directly oversees configuration of wide area networks (WAN) required to interface with the event LAN and supporting simulations systems.
- Locates, identifies, and resolves causes for network failures, conducts pre-event testing and evaluation in order to optimize network performance.
- Must be capable of system development/planning and administration in an HP/UNIX, Linux, Cisco, and NT/Win2000 computer operating, network environment.
- Participates in the design and maintenance of telecommunications systems.
- Handles COMSEC keying material for encryption devices and keys those devices.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
- Educational background and experience in information technology and computer science.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) (preferred).
- Applicable network certifications required.
- Minimum three years of experience in DOD computer network administration.
- Network Engineering Experience.
- At least six years of experience in a professional IT-related role.
- At least six to eight years of related work experience in IT, which should include successful experience of leading or managing a team of technical resources.
- Documented experience of Cisco routing, multi-layer switching and Cisco voice telephony.
- Experience with integration of government purchased simulation support hardware/software at government training sites, Internetworking with TCP/IP and Cisco routers, distributed simulation protocols/communication technologies during remote location operations.
- Have experience in UNIX, Linux, Microsoft Operating Systems, and principles of database installation, configuration and operation.
- Must have experience with TCP/IP, Ethernet (IEEE 802.3), 10base2, 10baseT and other similar protocols.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledgeable of distributed simulation protocols/communication technologies in support of remote operations conducted at various selected sites.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English. Able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Windows and MS Office
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle)
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance
- Requires 0% - 5% travel
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision