The Range Management/Range Control Facility Subject Matter Expert provides support in the planning, development, and execution of institutional level range training systems, range management support services, and other range support programs for both ground and aviation range operations. Additionally, the Range Management/Range Control Facility Subject Matter Expert provides support on required updates to U.S. Marine Corps Service-level manuals, orders, policies, and other related governance publications. The following specific duties apply:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintenance of Range and Training Area Management (RTAM) sponsored orders, policies, and other publications that provide guidance and/or governance for the U.S. Marine Corps range training systems, range management support services, and other range support programs.
- Provide executive-level review and comments with supporting analysis and updates to support operational range and training area (RTA) capability and capacity to support Marine Corps training requirements.
- Provide drafts, edits and proposed updates for initial issue and revision of U.S. Marine Corps orders, reference publications, and other pertinent manuals.
- Prepare draft Reports to Congress related to Marine Corps RTA management, senior leader Congressional testimony preparation, associated responses to GAO audits, and other senior Marine Corps leadership inquiries.
- Participate in support of RTAM sponsored training and educational installation technical assistance visits.
- Participate in support of RTAM at both, action officer and institutional-level working groups and OPTs.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Attendance at a professional military education institution / program (resident / non-resident) such as Command and Staff College (ILS) or War College (TLS) required.
- Candidates shall have a minimum of five (5) years' experience in a discipline related to U.S. Marine Corps Range Operation and Range Management.
- Knowledge and experience of the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS).
- Knowledge and experience in the development the Program Objective Memorandum (POM) to support the Marine Corps Capability Based Assessment (CBA) process.
- The ideal candidate is a former U.S. Marine Corps Field Grade Officer with intimate knowledge of Range Control Facility Operations, Range modernization/recapitalization/sustainment efforts, RTA Support Systems, and Marine Corps training requirements.
- Experience writing executive-level correspondence, orders, directives, and information/decision papers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Proficient in computer applications such as MS Office Suite
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills in support of rapidly changing scheduling and staffing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision