The GIS Specialist reports to the Project Manager and receives work direction derivatives from the Range Manager. The GIS Specialist will support the Range Control Facility by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain all approved GIS range updates to the Military Installation Map (MIM) and range certification packages electronically.
- Propose and maintain GIS updates from the Range Manager’s Tool Kit (RMTK) for range boundary and safety danger zones to be included in the IRSS display.
- Propose and maintain GIS range updates to the RFMSS graphic display. All proposed GIS data updates will be approved by the Range Safety Officer.
- Develop Surface Danger Zones (SDZs) and Weapon Danger Zones (WDZs) in support of the range certification program (MCO 3550.9, Range Certification).
- Deliver GIS range map products in support of range utilization reports.
- Produce daily maps in support of range operations.
- Use and maintain large scale printers and plotters.
- Update and maintain spatial databases in an ArcSDE environment.
- Adhere to spatial standards and rules set forth in the Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE) v3.0 and the GEOFidelis Data Model v3.0.
- Work with the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) to update and maintain the Military Installation Map (MIM).
- Administer and maintain GPS hardware and software for surveying, mapping, and navigation in support of training and maintaining the MIM.
- Responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of stand-alone computer systems and LN required to run the RMTK tools and GPS software. This includes backing up data, coordination of repairs, and restoration after system failures.
- Use and maintain unmanned aircraft systems, both commercial and military, for training and supporting range operations and updating the MIM.
- Maintain and use 3D printing systems to produce 3D maps and sandbox tools for large-scale exercise planning, range design and certification.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the range SOP, suggest changes and improvements using GIS and RMTK analysis to de-conflict and mitigate risk. Update SOP maps and diagrams.
- Integral participation in all areas of range operations to include scheduling, operations, fire desk, IRSS, and training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Geography, Cartography, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Successfully complete the USMC or US Army RFMSS Course within 12 months of hire.
- Successfully complete the Inter-Service Range Safety Course within 12 months of hire.
- Successfully complete the RMTK Course (or GIS for Range Managers Course) within 12 months of hire.
- Successfully complete the Range Safety Distance Learning (MarineNet)within 3 months of hire.
- FAA part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate (preferred).
- 3 years of work experience using GIS v9.x/10.x to create, edit, update, maintain, and manage SDSFIE-compliant GIS data stored in a database format (personal/file/enterprise), to produce high-quality maps, and to update and maintain FGDC-compliant metadata.
- 2 years of experience conducting Global Positioning System (GPS) field survey work with Trimble GeoXH/GeoXT GPS units and related software (TerraSync and Pathfinder Office 4.10) and experience in using a laser range finder in areas not accessible by foot or vehicle or due to environmental constraints.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Able to design, write, and present training programs.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Windows and MS Office.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Occasional outside work gathering data in various weather conditions.
- Flexible in schedule to accommodate training and range operations.
- Fast-paced customer service environment.
- May require occasional travel
Corps Solutions is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. In addition, Corps Solutions engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Corps Solutions representative at email@example.com.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision